Eligibility & enrollment
Offering an easy-to-use, centralized enrollment platform with decision-making tools and customer service support is the best way to gain and maintain benefits enrollments.
We specialize in transforming complex benefits offerings into an easy-to-navigate enrollment process that employees like to use. To do this, we work with you to develop the right combination of enrollment technology and services for your organization.
Our multi-channel approach enables self-service enrollments through a benefits exchange platform or over-the-phone enrollments through our customer service and processing center. We can supplement existing processes or work with you on a complete solution.
Benefits exchange platform
An online hub for employees to manage their benefits any time and on any device, our benefits exchange platform allows employees to easily enroll in and make changes to their benefit elections as new hires, when qualifying life events occur, and during open enrollment. As part of this solution, we partner with you to offer:
- set-up of the enrollment process, including programming eligibility, enrollment, and billing rules and transactions
- management of workforce configurations and available benefits to ensure that business rules are enforced
- storage, maintenance, and management of enrollments and enrollment transactions
- custom data exports to carriers, payroll providers, and other entities as needed
- the ability to support automatic and manual underwriting processes, including review, decisions, and risk assessment
- 24-7-365 online availability across desktop and mobile devices
- implementation of 508 compliance standards to accommodate users with disabilities
- ongoing tracking, data analytics, and reporting
- integration with our education and communications, billing and payments, claims, and support services
Other enrollment services
Online self-service is how most employees are interacting and engaging with their benefits these days. Even so, we think it's essential to have a live staff available to guide those employees who prefer to interact with a real person through the enrollment process and offer ongoing benefits support. We offer the following additional enrollment services to complement your online processes:
- an experienced customer service team trained in benefits, insurance, customer service, and HIPAA compliance, available to handle over-the-phone enrollments and ongoing benefits questions
- a centralized customer service platform with real-time user account views that allows our customer service team to perform enrollments and transactions on behalf of employees often resulting in first-call resolution
- call center scalability and 100% onshore availability to meet your specific needs
- development of enrollment kits and pre- and post-enrollment communications
- automated scanning and data-entry technology to expedite paper enrollment processing
Partner with us
We currently administer employee benefits supporting more than four million enrollments and partner with more than a dozen national insurance carriers, including several Fortune 500 companies. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of John Hancock, one of the oldest and most trusted of all U.S. insurers. Find out how we can put our expertise to work for you.