While employees are increasingly interacting and engaging with their benefits through online self-service, we still think it’s essential to have a live staff available to facilitate enrollment, answer questions, troubleshoot issues, and accommodate those users who prefer to interact with a live person.
Our customer service team answers inbound phone calls, makes outbound phone calls, and responds to emails and voicemails. We also have an automated voice response system that processes simple transactions and use scalable virtual call center technology that allows us to cost-effectively accommodate mass transactional volumes and fluctuating seasonal demands.
Our call center services
Whether it's support during open enrollment that's needed or ongoing benefits assistance, we offer the following call center services to complement your online processes:
- an experienced customer service team trained in benefits, insurance, customer service, and HIPAA compliance, available to handle over-the-phone enrollments and ongoing benefits questions
- a centralized customer service platform with real-time user account views that allows our customer service team to perform enrollments and transactions on behalf of employees often resulting in first-call resolution
- call center scalability and 100% onshore availability to meet your specific needs
- personalized scripts and customized training based on your organization's brand, benefit administration needs, and frequently asked questions
- monitored and recorded calls as part of our ongoing quality assurance
- defined service metrics for call, email, and voicemail response times and system load and uptimes
- translation services available on request
- teletypewriter (TTY) support for employees who are deaf, hard of hearing, or who have speech or language disabilities
- intelligent interactive voice response (IVR) technology that automates simple transactions and routes more complex calls
- virtual call center (VCC) technology that allows for call center scalability to accommodate seasonal demands
- call center forecasting software and expertise that allows us to increase agent utilization rates and reduce call center expense
Partner with us
We currently administer employee benefits supporting more than four million enrollments and partner with more than a dozen national insurance carriers, including several Fortune 500 companies. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of John Hancock, one of the oldest and most trusted of all U.S. insurers. Find out how we can put our expertise to work for you.